DNA Creative Communications (DNA) is pleased to announce that the South Carolina Children’s Theatre (SCCT) has been selected as the recipient of its 2013 LIVE HERE GIVE HERE (LHGH) annual pro-bono program.

As a DNA-led initiative now in its 4th year, LHGH aims to support and enhance a select nonprofit’s communications campaign through specialized services and mentorship from the DNA team. Throughout the year-long partnership, organizations are able to learn, develop, and implement the tools and strategies necessary to propel their communications efforts forward.

“We are thrilled to begin our partnership with the South Carolina Children’s Theatre to further advance their reach within the Upstate community,” noted Debbie Nelson, founder and president of DNA. “LHGH is, and will continue to be, an extension of DNA’s spirit; we can think of no better way to share our resources and expertise than by investing in nonprofits like SCCT that better our community each and every day.”

The mission of the South Carolina Children’s Theatre is to educate and stimulate the minds and imaginations of young people and their families through participation in high-quality theatre, year-round education, and accessible outreach.

Currently, SCCT serves more than 42,000 children and their families through its Main Stage, Second Stage, school performances, Theatre Arts conservatory programs and community outreach partnerships. SCCT’s theatre outreach programs provide dramatic arts educational opportunities through partnerships with the Greenville Hospital System, Greenville County Title One Schools, the Meyer Center, and many other agencies. SCCT is fortunate to earn 70% of its income through ticket sales and educational class offerings; the remaining 30% must be generated through fundraising efforts.

Through the support of DNA and its LHGH program, SCCT will develop an Individual Donor Communications Plan—allowing the nonprofit to better identify, engage, and cultivate supporters, donors, and advocates for its cause.According to SCCT, increasing donor support specifically for its outreach programs is top of mind.

“Of the 42,000 families and children SCCT works with every year, 14,000 of them are at-risk, disadvantaged, hospitalized, or special needs—and served directly through our community outreach programs,” noted Debbie Bell, Executive Director. “Currently, these programs are operating at maximum capacity only because of funding. Our hope is to raise the financial support necessary to enhance the life-cycle and depth of our outreach; our goal is to make the opportunity to partake in theatre a bright reality for every child, regardless of their circumstance.”

As part of LHGH, DNA will conduct a communications audit; work with SCCT to develop a comprehensive plan and recommended branding, marketing and/or public relations tools, and assist in the plan’s execution. Moreover, DNA will serve as a resource and mentor throughout the year to SCCT’s staff to ensure long-term sustainability far beyond its year-long program.

“With DNA’s expertise and guidance, we hope to create a forward-thinking, impactful communications plan that inspires supporters of all ages to take part and invest in our vision to give everyone a chance to become part of the magic of theatre,” noted Ame Holcombe, Director of Development at SCCT.

LHGH is a complement to DNA’s other nonprofit program, “Shine the Light on Your Nonprofit” seminar series. The educational series is open to nonprofits and their boards to learn targeted skills crucial to their public relations strategies. Past series topics have included branding, crisis communications, special event planning, and more. DNA will be announcing the 2013 curriculum later this month.

DNA Creative Communications

DNA is the leading communications expert in South Carolina for nonprofit and government organizations that enhance quality of life in their communities. We build relationships with key audiences through branding, public relations, event management and online strategies. Our partners are organizations within the education, human services and sustainability sectors.

Founded in 1997, DNA has worked with more than 230 organizations and is the proud recipient of numerous awards from the Association of Marketing & Communication Professionals, the South Carolina Public Relations Society of America and the American Advertising Federation. Annually, DNA offers our Live Here Give Here program and Shine the Light on Your Nonprofit educational series, featuring training and workshops for nonprofit organizations. For more information, call 864.235.0959 x2 or visit www.dnacc.com.